Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here I am on a Sunday afternoon making cookies (of course) and thought to myself, I need to blog. Its become sort of a thing where I love the outlet and love posting pictures. I didn't think I would be very into blogging but I love it! I'm sure there are people that don't really care or care to see pictures, but I am doing it anyway! :) haha These are mostly for family or friends that want to know what we are up to, besides us being home sick of course ;) Just a fact: We love our family and friends. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Yep, thats right!
Anyways, this week has been quite fun. We of course had our movie nights where we stay in and cuddle and watch movies :) (my favorite) and then the times where we have actually gone out and tried new things.

On Monday we were invited by a couple in our ward to join them in with their FHE and go ice skating in DC. We of course thought that would be awesome (we haven't ice skated together before). It was in the sculpture gardens along the National Mall and little did I know it was RIGHT in front of my work building! haha I had no idea.. CRAZy. Then we got some Hot Chocolate and had a little lesson to top of the evening.
These were some of the ..different... sculptures at the sculpture gardens





attractive, right? haha


On Friday, Curtis came and picked me up from lunch and we went to the Museum and toured that. They normally close really early which is why we had to go on my lunch break and Curtis starts two internships this week so we thought this may be our only chance for a while. It was really neat seeing them print all of the money. So crazy! We got to see the New design of the $100 dollar bill. It is colorful! It will be really neat!


The new $100!





MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY........MONEY!


Then last night Curtis asked me on a date to go to the movies! lol :) I was really excited because we haven't been to the movie theaters since before we got married! We actually bought movie tickets one night when we first moved here and they were expensive. So while we walked around waiting for the movie to let us in we decided that we would rather not spend the money and just go watch a movie at our apartment. (Lame I know) lol but we saved money! haha I don't even know what movie I saw last. So ANYWAYs I heard of a movie theater here that is sort of like the dollar theaters except for its like 4 dollars a person (still a lot cheaper than normal) so we decided to check it out. It was so much fun going and seeing a movie with Curtis. It reminded me of when we were dating! (cheesy I know)
Date Night!... and yes that is our coat closet behind us... 

He spoiled me this weekend and actually saw a movie that he didn't want to see at all, but I had REALLY been wanting to see. Even though he didn't like the movie he still toughed it out. I love going to movie theaters!
Today is Sunday and it has been nice and low key. We ate fondue with some new friends (it was my first time having cheese fondue, exciting!) and played games and hung out. OH and it was my first Sunday in ward choir.. I really have missed singing!
Here are what the cookies looked like that I made today... Chocolate Peanut butter chip!! mmm.. they were good. I didn't even get the recipe on pinterest! I did it the old fashioned way! lol
... they may not look as good, but they are GOOD.



As I was slaving away in the kitchen, this is what Curtis was doing... ;) 



Anyways, it is late and I think we are probably going to head to bead now.

3 comments:

  1. cute! What movie did you guys see? what two internships is he starting? I need details! I am your sister and i don't know these things missy. Those cookies look really good actually you should post the recipe!
    You should take us to the sculpture garden that looks really creepy but really cool! i bet we can find a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - my little homemaker!! I am impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, You seriously just make me smile when i read your blog! It just makes my day!! You are just miss betty crocker! I Love it! I wish I baked more. Looks so yummy!! You guys are the cutest! MIss you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete