Saturday, January 14, 2012

a whole new year

Curtis and I started out our new years in New York! It was so much fun to be able to spend time with my sister, Allison and Brother in law Travis! They were in North Carolina for their Christmas so on their way home they stayed a night here in DC with us then left the next day to New York with them. Allison had been hired to do hair and makeup for a bride and her wedding party on New Years Eve. (It was for about 12 people) Alli had a friend who does make up so she came with us to this wedding. I am deciding if I want to go to school to be an esthetician so I thought I could be their intern and help with whatever they needed. Alli and Jen did such an amazing job with all of their hair and makeup! It was a blast!  The wedding reception looked beautiful!
After that crazy fun day, we were able to come home before midnight and spent it just relaxing with our hubby's. 
Thank you alli and travi for letting us stay with you guys! 

This New Year has started out so far to be very interesting for us. Things keep being added to the mix of craziness so it makes us wonder what this year will have in store for us. I am grateful that I married such a wonderful guy to figure things out with. I am grateful that we are able to go through this crazy, wonderful, roller coaster life together :) 
Here are some pictures of New York!

Alli and the Bride

The reception was held in an old Greek Church


Alli, Jen and I 

The Outside of the Church
So as I was taking pictures of the outside of this Greek Church (it was old and neat looking), I captured this next picture which seems to look like .. maybe a ghost? That's what us girls all thought, you can look at it yourself. Its kind of crazy! (speaking of crazy, when I tried showing Curtis he just thinks i'm crazy.. lol jk) But seriously, look at this pic!

Can you see it? 
Anyways, here are some pictures of the famous first Macy's Department Store!!!!! 
We of course had to see that while we were in New York. We were a little bummed that we didn't see it at night because it looked like they had lights (for christmas) all decorated. 
It was amazing though, this macy's has 9 floors!! Thats right, 9!!
This is a really cool shot that Curtis took. 





The famous macy's windows!

So these two pictures are from the very 1st floor of Macy's. They have decorated it so extravagantly! It just made me so happy to see all of the christmas spirit there (and because i love shopping of course) haha


They had windows of Miracle on 34th Street where the line for Santa is. 



Unfortunately we got there after Christmas so we missed Santa! But apparently he gets back in November, so we will just have to go again to see him I guess. 

I believe its the 7th floor where we got this delicious chocolate filled croissant. mmmmm

Level 8!

The very last floor. Number 9!
It was interesting, as you got closer to the 9th floor the escalators were older and became alot more narrow. There wasn't too much on the 9th floor but we had to at least say we went to the 9th floor. So there you go!

us on the bus back which i had to post because the guy behind us is creepin in this picture

That basically concludes our trip! We hopped on a bus after the Macy's extravaganza and headed back to DC. 
Okay, awesome.




1 comment:

  1. it IS a ghost! I know it is. And i can't believe what a HOT mess I looked like after finishing everyone. LOL it waso so much fun and I am so glad you were able to be there and assist us it was really fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete