Monday, February 6, 2012

then comes the sun

changes. sometimes I really dread the word.. but other times, I welcome it with open arms. changes can be difficult to adjust to. It seems like my life has been drastically changing for the past few months. Marriage, moving, etc etc.. Lots of people go through it. Although all these changes have been and are taking place, I have loved being able to learn and grow with Curtis and go through these changes with him.  We do both like to argue that we have not been married before so we don't know how things normally go... lol Its all about making adjustments.
What has been difficult for me is to see my family and friends back home going through their changes (life doesn't freeze when you leave.. weird, i know.. lol). Its hard being so far away and not being able to do much for them. I want to be supportive and/or there for them, but its hard for me to figure out how I can do that.
I've been finding out some changes that are going on with my family back home and its been hard because to me, they seem like pretty big things, but there is not much I can do all the way over here. I don't know why I am really writing about this, maybe i just need to vent.
On the happy side of things, we have a new nephew that is due on May 1st! Also, so many other exciting things are going on and we wish we could be there to be there in all of that greatness.
One thing that happened to me, which I am not happy about, is that my videographer from my wedding lost ALL of the reception footage and when i say lost, it was all deleted is what he had said. I was crushed. I was SO excited to see the video from that night because everything was such a blur that I wanted to be able to relive it over and over with the videos. (I love to watch things over again... especially because it was such a special night ;).. who wouldn't want to remember their wedding reception, right?) Anyways, I had saved up my own money to pay this guy because to me the wedding video was one of my main priorities.. (of the usual wedding worldliness) and now I don't have that. Also, the guy won't respond back to me so i probably won't even get my money refunded. I am so disappointed. I thought he was someone I could trust, especially in this situation since it was his fault and everything. It isn't very honest and it makes me sad that he won't even do that. Yeah, I know I am probably being silly about this. Especially since there are so many great things that we have to remember our wedding. :) I am grateful for that.
At least we have pictures and at least I got to marry my best friend.
He has helped me so much with all of these things going on that I think Heavenly Father knew what I needed!
Change is all about the way you look look at things.
While the things in my family were going on I was choosing to see them from a scared perspective. I didn't want the changes to happen. The more I have reflected upon them I have seen the good that can come from them.
There is a quote that I love which says; No matter how dark the night gets, the sun will always rise the next day.
Now if you are reading this, I hope you don't think that I am unhappy. I am SO happy. Its hard to see ones you love going through changes without you there. That is the point I was trying to make.
Also, I just wanted to vent because i've had alot on my mind.
I am grateful for people's examples to me. I am learning so much about life and the twists and turns it may take. If it weren't for the twists and turns or the 'changes' then how would we grow? We wouldn't.

I am Grateful For:
*Curtis, he is such a good example to me and I learn so much from him
*My Family and my New Willardson Family
*My friends
*Our apartment
*our ward
*our jobs
*food
*our sweet little ford focus, or what curtis likes to call, the Micro Machine.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are doing better! I wish I could just give you a big hug! And I am SO irritated about your wedding footage. Let me know if I can help. I am good at writing nasty letters to businesses. Nobody messes with my family!!

    At least you have the right attitude with all of this going on. But remember that we love you guys and are so happy that you have joined our family! Can I quote my Grandma?: "Curtis is so lucky to have found her!" I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete