Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Years resolutions

I have decided to start my new years resolutions and start them today, which is Sunday, which to me seems like the perfect day! (well better late then never, right? that seems to be my them.. haha) Maybe this will help me to keep all of them all year round.
Anyways, some I have been doing since the New Year but some I am going to be starting today. I guess this can also be my bucket list for the year. yeahh.. that sounds better

1. be better at getting back to people (ie, calling, texting, emailing or whatever)
2. Write in my journal once a week (at least)
3. read scriptures everyday
4. find service projects and do them
5. attend the temple once a month
6. read more books (at least one a month)
7. change my hair drastically (either color or cut)
8. No soda
9. be really frugal
10. Say my prayers everyday (morning and night)
11. eat and be healthy (not bake as much, snack on healthy things and not candy)
12. be more flexible
13. try new things
14. join the ward choir (ha ha yes I will be one of those)
15. write letters. I think its a beautiful way to keep in touch with someone
16. Only use facebook sparingly. I don't want to be addicted
17. learn a skill for a job (figure out what i can do)
18. No eating after 9pm
as i figure more out some may be added or what not so this is just my rough draft. I will show curtis so he will keep me in line and remind me if i may go astray.. ;) lol

Our first New Years together 2011

Our married life resolutions:
1. read scriptures everyday together
2. Pray everyday together
3. explore and do everything on our bucket list of the east coast
4. don't buy unnecessary things
5. Don't eat out (unless we have to, like if we are out of town)
6. Attend the temple once a month
7. FHE every week
8. going to bed earlier ie. start getting ready to get to bed at 10pm. (we like our sleep)

Okay this is good for now. This is alot of stuff to commit to but i know we can do it! I'm thinking if I am posting this on my blog I can keep looking back at it just in case i forget. Also, maybe it will help me to stick to them since they are out in the open.

5 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! Laura I love The picture!:) SO FREAKING CUTE!:) It really just made my day today!! Love all the goals!! You are awesome! I need to work on alot of those! Ps. did you get my email to invite you to my blog? if not let me know and i will send it again. Love you and miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. court-isn't it so cute? I found it on my computer so i had to put it,.. i LOVE your blog!! so glad i have access now ;) lol

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you came into town.. I'm sad I missed you...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no we still haven't came to utah, that picture was from last years new years. haha that was mine and Curtis' first new years together. so don't worry, you will definitely know when we are there, cause we will all have a girls night?! lol :)

      Delete
  3. You are so cute I love all your resolutions!! Missy you girly!!

    ReplyDelete