Sunday, June 24, 2012

GOAL!!!!!!

About two weekends ago, we were able to go to a Costa Rican Futball (soccer) game. It was intense! I mean, the crowds go CRAZY here for soccer. I was pretty nervous to go because I have heard stories about soccer games outside of the US. It wasn't as bad as I had thought though, which was a good thing. The game was against El Savador and the end result was a tie. It was a bummer. We watched a fight almost break out, (it may have started but I missed it at the first) but a bunch of the Policia stepped in and made the people seperate. It was so much fun cheering and getting into the game (even though I couldn't understand what was happening... my Spanish is not quite up to par yet.. lol)


The view from outside of the stadium. It was neat looking. I wish I got a better picture of it.


The Game!



 So almost half way through the game, all of the lights went out (except for a couple random lights..). They had to stop the game for about 30 minutes. It was pretty funny. Apparently the stadium was built by the Chinese so people weren't very happy that this happened.




A video that we took while we were bored waiting for the power to come back on.. 

The blackout stadium



Curtis got me a Costa Rica Soccer shirt so I could fit in. I love it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment