Friday, June 22, 2012

The Beach Adventure

I am a little behind, but I am going to post about the 2nd weekend in Costa Rica. We decided to go to the beach for the weekend and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
The beach that we went to was about 1 1/2 -2 hr drive and it was beautiful.
While we were driving to our hotel, Curtis pulled over to this little store on the side of the road and I was so confused why. He told me to follow him onto this bridge with a river running under it. Cars were driving by and barely had a sidewalk for people.

This is the river...



 As soon as we were in the middle of the bridge he told me to look down... 
This is what we saw...


CROCODILES!!!



I was in aw that there were like 15 or so crocodiles just on the side of the road. It was insane! They were big too!



This was a little shop on the side of the road that had a fake alligator outside of it. 

So after we saw all of those things, we headed to our hotel. It was literally right on the beach! It was so nice. We just walked around that night and watched the surfers and explored.
The beaches were gorgeous!! 


The surfers
Curtis and I almost took lessons to surf because it looks like so much fun. But we saw they had horseback riding on the beach so we did that instead :) (I have pictures of that too, later :))







Got to love the Coca Cola!! haha




We decided to play tic-tac-toe on the beach :)




If you can't tell, Curtis was the 'O' and this was him trying to make one out of his body. lol
 A cute little swing



A mermaid that is out on a little strip of land in the water. When the tide is low you can walk out there. So of course we did. 

She was a little scandalous 





The beautiful colors of the sunset




Me being a frog I guess. lol



The next morning we woke up early and were able to go on a horse back ride on the beach! It was something I have ALWAYS wanted to do (especially because horses are my absolute favorite). 
It was quite the experience. 
We were the only two that were on the tour (with our tour guide of course) and it was amazing. We were able to trot with our horses along the beach and also Contour. (Which we learned is a different rythm of horses running which is quicker than the trot, and a little scary at first, but feels awesome)
Curtis and his cute helmet :) 

My horse was very stubborn! haha The second half he was alot better with me. 




Curtis was a pro! I need a little practice riding horses. lol




The tour guides puppies followed us and had a blast! You can tell they just love life! They were also chasing all the little crabs. It was hilarious seeing the crabs run for their lives. 



Then the ride was over. I didn't realize how allergic I am to horses though. The rest of the day I had the worst allergies! But it was so worth it. 

After the horse back riding, we went to our next stop which was Manuel Antonio beach. It is a national park there and was so amazing. You walk on this trail a little ways in the jungle to get to the beach and you see so many forms of wildlife. We saw sloths, monkeys (they were adorable!), iguanas, and a few other creatures I don't know what they were. But here are pictures 

This picture is kind of hard to see, but its a sloth and it had a baby wrapped around it. So sweet 




The monkeys were everywhere! 



It was hilarious, this monkey was just chillin on the wires. Then it started walking across them, just like that. It was so funny. 


Cutie monkey. I told Curtis I want one of these one day. haha


A deer on the trail. 




The beautiful beach







Well that about concludes our beach trip. Good job if you got through the whole thing. I didn't realize how many pictures I had of that weekend! I hope you enjoyed them!
We had such a great time. It was a little overwhelming to me doing and seeing so much in one weekend. It was crazy, but so great. Its also nice because since Curtis has been here a few times before, he knows things that other people wouldn't, like the crocodiles and everything. It is fun having him as my tour guide.. and he is cute.. so I can't complain. :)










1 comment:

  1. All of those alligators, that is creepy!! When we went to Florida we went on a boat ride and saw way too many alligator so scary!! That beach is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete