Sunday, June 10, 2012

Costa Rica!

Okay, so I have been a little behind.. I haven't been to the blogging world for a while, and it feels good to be back!
We have been super busy as of lately and feels like the past few weeks have been a whirlwind! A little over 2 weeks ago we moved to Costa Rica and will be here for about 3 months total. We had to move everything out of our apartment, and then we came here! (of course it was a little more complicated then that) But it's been quite the adventure! I have also taken SO many pictures (as it is my first time out of the country) and so don't be too overwhelmed with pictures because I might as well post a lot of them too, right? So I will try to explain what we've done while here so far. The first week we went and tried to do and see a lot of different things while we had our rental car. That is where a majority of the pictures will come from.------Okay, so I just looked through all of my pictures that I have taken and there are WAY too many. I will probably have to split it up into a few different posts... so we will see what happens...
well... here it goes!!
After going through customs this is the first sign you see! PURA VIDA! 

Right from the airport we drove around a little bit and drove by the LDS temple here. It looks very small outside (I can't say if it was small inside because I haven't been in it yet) but it was very pretty. 


The real deal coca cola... mmm delish. Oh and alot of the restaurants don't have walls. 


These pictures consisted of my very first meal in Costa Rica! Man.. it was DELICIOUS! 
The picture above was our appetizer, deep fried Platanos (which are in the banana family but are different than banana's) and they tasted sort of like french fries and the dip is a bean dip which was so yummy. 
The next picture is my actual meal which was Arroz Con Pollo which means Chicken with Rice and then French fries and a salad. The Arroz Con Pollo has come to be one of my favorite meals so far. Everywhere we go, I love to order this, especially because every place makes them differently so I like to try the different varieties of it! 

After our wonderful meal, we went and checked into our sweet hotel and relaxed and took in the beautiful sights from our hotel. Of course, there are pictures...

At our hotel. Behind all these plants they have their pool and hot tub. It wasn't on while we stayed there so it was a bummer, but we walked around it. It feels so secluded and awesome. 

On the roof of our hotel, the view was amazing!!

Our door to our room was behind one of the trees. We were sitting at the area where you eat the continental breakfast. 
We also have went and seen some really amazing sights! We went to the top of one of the volcanoes here (which is considered active) and it smells very strongly of sulfur, which is to be expected I guess. 
And we also went to this zoo sort of place and saw and got to be super close to all sorts of different animals. But the main attraction was to go and see a couple of waterfalls that they have. AMAZING!
I just love waterfalls. They definitely are one of the most beautiful things. 
We had to drive really high up to the volcano, and overlooking the city was beautiful. 

On our little hike up to the Volcano!

 The volcano/crater!!!


The lagoon a little ways up..

So we went back down to the volcano after going to the lagoon and it was completely covered with fog! You could no longer see too far in front of you because of it!

a replica of it 

Tucans!! Curtis' favorite! We got to be in the cage with them!


Sitting in a gazebo with all of the birds flying around us and right by us! 

pretty bird

He is so cute! 

 creepy bug that is as big as my hand!
 My cute cat friends.. they look so cuddly!

Jaguar! go jaguars! HAHA

It was so funny, Curtis would jump out and scare the jaguar. The poor little jaguar got so scared and would run around and not know what to do! He tried following curtis by jumping and holding onto one of the wire fences when curtis walked off. I wish I got a picture of it! 


 One of the festive ox carts that we have seen around! 



The first main waterfall


The second waterfall up close

You can't tell but we were getting sprayed/misted so much right here! My hair was soaked!


A third waterfall by the road

How foggy the streets were.. the pictures don't even do it justice!


Well I think that will be all for now.. that is like a picture overload!! I will post some more pictures.. these were only from the first 2 days! haha But don't even worry.. there are tons more to come!
It is so amazingly beautiful here.. but we definitely are realizing how lucky we are to live in America! seriously!
bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. The pictures are gorgeous! What a fun adventure for you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh laura I love it!! Post more post more!!! I love hearing all about this!! It looks so beautiful and so much fun!!!! MISS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty place!! I hope your having such a great time, it looks like your having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so glad that you finally posted about Costa Rica, I check your blog all the time to see the updates!! I love all the pictures it looks like such a pretty place!! I wish we could come visit you guys!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura Jay it looks like you guys are having an awesome time on your adventure:) I love all the pictures. I lost your e mail so if you have mine hit me up woman! love you guys thanks for letting me cyber stalk your little life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO awesome!! there are a few extra pictures than the ones that you emailed me, i love it! The hotels look gorgeous too! you had great views!

    ReplyDelete