Monday, October 17, 2011

Sept. 28; DAY 1

goodbye utah. :(


I will post pictures of the wedding as soon as I get some more photos, but for now we will start out by when we left Utah. :( so sad.. We went through so many emotions when we left: sad, nervous, happy, excited, scared, and etc. The list goes on. We left about 7am on Wednesday the 28th. Sarah, Curtis sister, took this picture that morning. I don't know if you can tell, but we are pretty tired. LOL
Before we left we of course had to have our start out song which helped Curtis get pumped up to drive the 13 or so hours that day to Nebraska! So exciting...
We started our trek driving but also stopped to see Curtis' older sister and her daughter on our way. We woke them up so that we could see them before we left. :)

That first 13 hours was pretty brutal. I didn't do a very good job entertaining Curtis while he was driving because I kept falling asleep. Poor guy had missed a week of school so he was pretty behind in his classes (he is STILL trying to catch up from that missed week). Being the nice wife that I am, lol, I would read Curtis a super long article that he had to have read by when we got back. It was so hard for me to stay awake and read it for him. I told him that i needed breaks from reading it because it was making me tired and i would fall asleep. He didn't get that pleasure of falling asleep after because the poor guy had to drive. What a trooper.  Here are some pictures from day 1. :)

  These donuts were our good friends throughout the first day and second day. We ate almost all of them they were SO good.
 The space in between us was our organized snack mess.

I did, however, get the oppurtunity to drive for a little over an hour because he just wasn't going to make it. Let me tell you, I felt pretty powerful on the road in our monster vehicle. lol 




Here is a quick video of what the roads and scenery looked like for most of that first day... pretty exciting... :)

2 comments:

  1. yes yes yes!! So glad that you made a blog! I am excited to keep in touch with your adventures and to have you guys just a few short hours away from us! YYAYYY!! Plus you are going to have to teach me how to add a dang video to my blog. I can't figure it out.haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAURA FACE!!! holy cow am i EXCITED You started this!! IM STOKED:) now I have an update on all your adventures!! LOVED THIS POST AMAZING, it made me excited for you guys and reminded me of our road trips hahah:) LOVE THEM!! looks like it was a blast.. but yet a long and tiring journey! Send me your email and I can add you to my blog to read! :)

    ReplyDelete